12 luxuriously appointed rooms in a manicured garden setting, within a pristine 700ha polo estate. Glorious vistas are enjoyed from all rooms, which overlook the Tsitsikamma Mountains, the estate, paddocks, pool and gardens. Kurland is a family paradise and caters for them in an unprecedented manner. “Little Guests” have their own playrooms, play-areas and swimming pools, children’s dining conservatory, and enjoy private en-suite loft above the parent’s main room. These loft rooms have been specifically designed and custom-decorated for fun and enjoyment, which ensures that children are as comfortable and as pampered as their parents.
LEISURE FACILITIES & AMENITIES
- Therapy Suite with Pevonia and Dr Hauschka beauty products and treatments including massages, manicures and pedicures.
- Gym, sauna, steam room and cold pool.
- Swimming pool.
- Sitting room with log fire for colder winter nights.
- The Verandah where gourmet afternoon tea is served.
- Intimate Library with fireplace and relaxing Blue Room.
Kurland’s kitchen is well known in the area and caters for outside guests. However for in-house guests, tables are always reserved for lunch and dinner. Innovative country cuisine fare with French influence is served.
The Polo Pavilion Club House on the Estate has a public bar and restaurant with a vibrant atmosphere, where one can watch a game of polo while sitting on the deck overlooking the polo fields.
ACTIVITIES AT KURLAND
- Walking, running and hiking trails.
- Mountain bikes (free of charge).
- Quad bikes (free of charge +16 years old ).
- Polo instruction.
- Horse riding.
- Tennis court.
- Picnics on the estate.
ACTIVITIES IN THE SURROUNDING AREA
- Elephant Sanctuary.
- Monkey Land.
- Nature’s Valley and Plettenberg Bay beaches.
- Whale and dolphin watching, deep sea fishing.
- Birds of Eden.
- Snake Sanctuary.
GETTING THERE BY AIR:
Small charter flights to Plettenberg Bay situated 15 kilometres from Kurland and domestic flights from George Airport, 102 kilometres from Kurland.
GETTING THERE BY ROAD:
5 and a half hours drive from Cape Town along the famous Garden Route or a two hour drive from Port Elizabeth.
The Estate also offers a Private home for rent, which you will find listed under our South African Vacation Rental section.